Monday, July 17, 2006

100 Degrees, Internet, August 19

Well, I know that it has been some time since I have connected with the 21st Century, but alas, here it is...my first post from my apartment! That's right, Joanna and I got internet this past week, and it has been wonderful. I'm thoroughly enjoying my itunes, and Missy thank you for the itunes card that I am finally able to put to good use. I've been able to get some good James Taylor and "You make me feel so Young".

I'm guessing that the heat in Holland is much the same as it is here. 100 degree temps and nearly 100 % humidity have made me thankful for the air conditioning that I've been enjoying. But there is a cool looking storm brewing outside, so I'm looking forward to the lightning and thunder tonight.

Ryan and I are planning a trip to Holland over August 19th. It's going to be the first time we can get home between now and then. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss Uncle Jim's yearly get together at the lake, and I did have a somewhat Carol-Cremation of Sam McGee ditty planned. Oh well, perhaps I will have the fortunate oppurtunity to express the creative rendition of Mr. Service's clever verse regarding the perils of cremating certain unfortunate individuals.

7 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Bob said...

But no Becky! Apparently - - - Samuel's original domicle was not in the southern regions - - - consenquently - - - the process of internment - - - and its aftereffects - - - may be grossly exaggerated.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger carriekuipers said...

Becky - at least you blessed us with your version of the poem when you were home last. I am glad you are coming back in August - please stay longer this time.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger MelissaLB said...

The beginning stanza to Service's "Ballad of Blashemous Bill" reads:

I took a contract to bury the body of blashemous Bill MacKie,
Whenever, wherever, or whatsoever the manner of death he die,
Whether he die in the light o' day or under the peak faced moon;
In cabin or dance hall, camp or dive, mucklucks or patent shoon:

Does it sound like a familar theme?

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Bob said...

Missy. It seems that most people who go to Alaska eventally die, and that Alaskans, not wanting to disturb the vast beauty, obsess about it. Praise the Lord you made it back alive and unburied.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Becky said...

and uncremated

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger carriekuipers said...

You people are weird...

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Ceci LaBarge said...

Very wierd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home