Friday, December 07, 2007

Come On Ring Those Bells

Yesterday, while Raleigh and Sydney were here, I brought this year's Christmas tree into the living room. Grandma LaBarge admired it, but then heard a song, seeming to come from the workroom in the basement. "Move me closer, move me closer, move me closer to the tree". Grandma made her way downstairs, and found the tree top angel that Raleigh had been working on for the last 10 months. "Move me closer, move me closer, move me closer to the tree". Grandma brought the angel up, and asked Raleigh if it would be ok for us to place it at the top our our tree this year. She told Raleigh, "You see, candy canes and tinsel trims, didn't mean a thing to him, if it kept him from his post, atop the tree he loved the most". Raleigh replied that she would be very happy to let us use her angel. "I feel sorry for mom, though". "Why is that?", Grandma asked. "Her angel is not very pretty. There aren't any stickers on it. I love stickers, but my mom doesn't." So this year, we have a very special visitor on top of Grandma and Grandpa's tree. See you all at the Christmas Celebrate Party!

2 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger carriekuipers said...

Raleigh told me today that Sunshine was going on top of Grandma and Grandpa's tree. She is SO PROUD of herself - I think you made her day! And...my angel IS PRETTY - even without stickers. Oh, and the sticker thing...the girls love to put stickers on their hands - it does gross me out - Raleigh was telling the truth:)

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I can't stop laughing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home