Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hey, Whatever Works


I arrived back home from doing road tests today and was sitting down at the round table by the TV to have some lunch when Missy buzzed through the front door. As she was flopping down on the sofa, and just before her touce hit the fabric she blurted out; "Carrie and James have pedometers!" Not concentrating I heard it as "Carrie and James have pajamameters!". I wondered if a pajamameter was something the doctor had advised to help with getting pregnant or if it was a wierd something else that I didn't want my brain to go to.
Missy corrected me and explained about the 10,000 step program, (or 6,000 if you work in a factory). It sounds like a great idea, so later when I went out to mow the lawn I had to keep part of it unmowed because I got to 9,700, and still had to have enough to get inside, fix dinner without mom here, sit down to watch the Tigers, go to the bathroom and get to bed. I may have to leave something out so I better get to the bathroom first.

4 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger carriekuipers said...

Dad - I won't let Raleigh know about your so-called 9,700 steps. She stole my pedometer and now has a competition with James every day to see who can walk more. I catch her walking loops around in the porch just to have more than her Daddy. She will start trying to get more than you and she'll probably suggest walking to Holland...
Also - if there is such a thing as a pajameter in order to get pregnant then WHERE CAN I BUY ONE??!!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Carrie! Great news... I found an actually "prajameter". It's in the bathroom at the end of this scene. Good luck tracking it down though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_w6kGtOxvQ

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Becky said...

ps- the "PR" in prajameter was totally a freudian slip that I just noticed

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger MelissaLB said...

HA! Taking the cue from Raleigh's competition with James, I had Ellie and Mallory wear the pedometer as they ran around the house for a half hour. Best half hour of babysitting I ever did- I sat on the couch and read magazines!! How many steps would that be dad?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home