Monday, September 04, 2006

Teaching a Bird to Fly




The other day, Raleigh, Sydney and I came home to find a bird on the front walk. We went to look at it and it was just sitting there not able to fly. So after we went inside, Raleigh decided she wanted to teach it to fly. She kept flapping her arms and saying, "see birdie - just like this - just like this." Of course, Sydney wanted in on the action too and watched through the storm door. Anyway, we kept checking on the bird for the next few hours and one time we looked and the bird was gone...it must have finally been able to fly away! Nope - later that day I found the bird - dead as a doornail in the garage - too bad for the bird. I guess Raleigh will not follow in the footsteps of Diego and work at the Animal Rescue Center.

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I miss my nieces and nephews!! They're so freakin' cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home